Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Childhood Memories of Ramadahan

Ramadhan? Yes! This is the first words that came out in my mouth when I know that after Ramadhan, it will be Hari Raya eve, and I can collect a lot of money in Hari Raya. But I did not know that all Muslim will hold their desire to eat and drink, and even from listening and talking bad. This is my childhood memories of Ramadhan that I will share to all the readers.

"Lina, wake up! Come, lets eat". My mom wake me up, and I was so sleepy at that time. It is still 4.30 a.m. and I wonder why my mom cooks and ask everybody to wake up that early. "Lina, eat!", mom added. I asked my mom, "Ma, why should we eat this early?" and everybody look at me and said "fasting!". Now I get it, and I am only 6 years old at that time. It is the first experience of fasting.I felt like giving up, but I did not do so because my mom said that if I break my fast, then, I can't eat together when all of my family break the fast.

When I was at 7 years old, I started to go to school as standards 1 student. And as I remembered, we had to fast at school. One day, my teachers ask. " Are you fasting today?", and all the students say yes except me. And a naive Lina shows everyone in the class a bottle of drinks that I brought from home. All of my friends laugh at me. I felt so shame and start crying. Starting from that day, I try to fast without skip in Ramadhan.

There is a lot of memories that I wanted to shared with you. But it seems only a few that I can tell you now. Thanks for the time that you have spend while reading my blog entry. I know, everyone has their own memories of Ramadhan, and this is mine.

No comments: